Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010 Goals

One of my favorite things to do is make lists, that is the one and only thing I like about the concept of New Years as a holiday. Making lists are acceptable practice around this time of year and I am darn good at. Last year my list consisted of losing weight, cleaning my apartment, exercising more, spending less and a whole other bunch of unexciting goals. I am happy to report that some of those goals were achieved unfortunately some were achieved because of crappy circumstances in my life.

I'm looking to the future to my new goals and this year they are all about crafting and culture. I'm learning to let go and going with the concept things happen for a reason.

First up on my goal list is starting a year long Granny Square project. It's simple I will follow the ravelry group 2010 block a month crochet along making 16, 6 inch squares every month for the next year. At the end of the year I hope to have a beautiful blanket for my bed.

I picked out my yarn yesterday at my favorite knitting store in Los Angeles (well technically it's Santa Monica) Wildfiber. This month the pattern is called Little Dahlia. I chose 6 colors for this month, I will be using both greens in all 16 squares and I will pair up the other 4 colors to make different color combinations for the "Dahlia" in the square. Last night I got right to work on my first square. One down 15 more to go.

I'm really looking forward to this project/challenge and being able to have a place to share my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment