
We arrived safely in Tel-Aviv, Israel. So after a flight that felt like it took forever with less then 20 min of sleep in the 10 hour flight and full day ahead of us my mom and I embarked on our adventure.
Our first stop The Gourmet Yarn Shop in Ra'anana, I found out about this store from a post in a ravelry forum. I wasn't sure what I would find in the store that would be any different then what I can get in America but with my current obsession with all things knitting related I needed to at least check it out. At the shop they had a decent selection of yarns: cottons, cash-merino, acrylics etc. The owner took the time to talk to me about the shop and the yarns she carried including which ones are a better deal to buy here rather then in America. While my wish to buy Israeli made yarn was not to be fulfilled I did pick up some locally dyed yarn in a turquoise and purple color that I can not wait to work up.
All in all a great first stop on the trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment